RE: Newbie Q: Patch Set issues

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:26:22 -0700

I think it's a known, documented issue that the rootpre.sh doesn't exist with the AIX patchsets even though you are instructed to run it. The answer we were given from support was that it doesn't really need to be run again since it should have been executed already at install time. If you search Metalink for "rootpre.sh AIX", you'll get some hits with the details.

I'm not sure what to do about your missing ORACLE_HOME though. I don't know where the OUI looks for those, but I'd guess it's either /etc/oratab or maybe somewhere in the oraInventory directory.

Regards,
Brandon

        From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Bryan Wells

        I am attempting to upgrade Oracle from 9.2.0.5 to 9.2.0.7 on AIX-64bit IBM P570.

        1.) rootpre.sh cannot be found in the downloaded patchset. 2.)after using

        rootpre.sh from another home, installer will not recognize the Oracle Home i am

        attempting to upgrade.