Re: Important note about asynchronous commit

From: Ghassan Salem <salem.ghassan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 11:05:16 +0200

There may be cases where you can forgo a transaction if the system fails ( i.e. never replay it, and loose it).
An example is a system recording calls done by phone users: if you fail to commit that a given user did a call, you do not loose much and you can afford it (if the gains are substantial, in terms of performance). When you compute the risk of a crash (for a well constructed system), the loss that you may incur over a year is really very low.

rgds