Re: ONS Issue on RAC

From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 20:13:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

  Is your /etc/hosts file identical on both nodes?   Is your $ORACLE_HOME/opmn/conf/ons.config file identical on both nodes?

  Regards,
  Fairlie

"Raghunath, Shivaswamy K." <SKRaghunath_at_magellanhealth.com> wrote: Hello.

I have a 2-node, CentOS Linux 4 RAC set up at home. While installing clusterware, after running VIPCA on the second node, it could not start ONS on first node. It timed out. It successfully created & started ONS on second node. If I try starting ONS on first node - either using ONSCTL or SRVCTL, it fails. ONS log has the following: BIND (Cannot assign requested address) listener BIND failed Local listener terminated.

I tried ONSPING, DEBUG. No use. Can anybody give some things I can try so that, I can move forward.

Shiva

          Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant

  http://el-caro.blogspot.com/