insert performance

From: Kumar, Arvind IN GGN SISL <arvind.kumar2_at_siemens.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:47:27 +0530

Gurus,

      Dev Env. - Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0, Windows 2000 server, Quest datafactory 5.5 to load sample data.

     How can I improve the Insert performance while loading data into two tables (a parent with one child)? If I am saving the generated data (1 Million rows) from datafactory into .CSV file it takes only 40 minutes , for the same volume it takes 2 hour if loading into Oracle tables.

    I have set COMMIT_WRITE = BATCH,NOWAIT to avoid log_file_sync Wait event.

Arvind Kumar

Associate Consultant
Siemens Information Systems Limited
e-mail : arvind.kumar_at_siemens.com