RE: sql parser for oracle

From: Polarski, Bernard <Bernard.Polarski_at_atosorigin.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 09:22:28 +0200

I tested them and they are very basic, so basic that you will quickly run away.
I am also very interrested in a deparser but never find one that survives inlining view. Be aware that SQL beautifyer will not help. These just to do break on some keyword without keeping track of the level of of break of the inline view nor which predicate belongs to which part of the SQL
going even further, as of linking a specifc line of predicate to a table, taking into accounts the level of inlining views had never been achieved.
I made some initial investigation and it is a daunting work, even in perl.

B. Polarski

From: Stefan Knecht [mailto:knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com] Sent: Monday, 25 September, 2006 9:13 AM To: adi_at_zetapoint.com
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: sql parser for oracle

Have a look on CPAN, lotsa PERL modules to parse SQL

http://search.cpan.org/search?query=sql&mode=all

Stefan

On 9/25/06, Adi Hirschtein <adi_at_zetapoint.com> wrote:

        Hi Guys,

        Does anyone know where I can find sql parser?

        I don't mind if it will be an oracle solution or something outside the db like java/c++ code or any other language.

        Generally, I need to take sql statements and to parse them to small pieces (e.g. taking out the columns ,tables ,where clause and etc).

        Thanks,

        Adi