Re: Scaledown hardware

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:12:31 +0200

And are you sure your frontend can exclude the other 2400 users? If all users get to the server, but it has just enough resources to support 25% of the load, the system might effectively come to a complete halt instead of serving 25% of the users. You'd better make sure the load in a DR situation isn't bigger than what the DR server is designed for, to prevent accumulating disappointment at DR time.

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===