Re: Scaledown hardware

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 16:52:40 +0100

Do you really mean that 30 active sessions eat 70% of 12 cpus, i.e 9 cpus? And how many concurrently active users would your dr box support? My best guess it would be most of those 30 wouldn't it? If so You'd be mad to choose anything other than an identically specced box. If on the other hand you actually intended 300 concurrent users and the dr box would only be supporting far fewer then you'd likely get away with fewer cpus.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA