Re: problem about full scan temporary table

From: Binh Pham <binhpham15_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 15:17:43 +0000

Jonathan,

If someone wants to load lots of data into the GTT, based on the 1M extent size, doesn't this seem to be inefficient and may pose a performance issue due to Oracle has to keep extending?  I guess that if one wants to load lots of data (i.e. 1G+ data) into GTT, there might be other options rather than GTT.

Thanks.

From:  "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
To:  <wqhhp@yahoo.com>,<oracle-l@freelists.org>
Subject:  Re: problem about full scan temporary table