RE: Async IO on Linux

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:20:54 -0700

>>>I did the relink based on note 365416.1 (Oracle doesn't
>>>report the io activity to the OS).

The most notable aspect of that particular Metalink jewel is the quality of the writing...just lovely.

This relink is not necessary to get functional async I/O. What is missing is the correct stats in /proc, yes, but async does indeed function out of the box... I haven't relinked my stuff and I have async I/O (io_submit(),io_getevents() ) performing the I/O...

Just FYI