Solaris 10 SMF Manifest for Oracle?

From: Stephen Anderson <st.anderson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:17:52 +0100

Hello,
Has anyone managed to get an SMF manifest for oracle working on solaris 10? I have tried using a simple one that starts 1 named database, but need to write one that uses dbstart and dbshut (for multiple databases), however, I am aware that you need to provide ORACLE_HOME params, etc for oracle 10. I also need the dbora script to start/stop the listener for 9i databases. Any examples would be much appreciated.

I have also read that if a process is changed for example a parallel process, the whole service is restarted. Is this true? How could we avoid this?

Best Regards,
Steve.