RE: Do not see database on OEM 10g Grid Control

From: Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:24:32 -0400

Wojciech,

Ghassan is correct. The only user in this file is dbsnmp. This is the account that the 10g Agent uses to connect to the database. There should be no other user in this file.

Tom

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited. In addition, unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.

From: Ghassan Salem [mailto:salem.ghassan_at_gmail.com] Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 3:55 AM To: wojciech.skrzynecki_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l; Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) Subject: Re: Do not see database on OEM 10g Grid Control

Sorry to correct you, but you have the password just once in the file, the first time (line 3) it's the username. Besides, what doi you mean 'changing the other username/passwords in targets.xml', only dbsnmp should be there.

rgds

On 9/21/06, Wojciech Skrzynecki <wojciech.skrzynecki_at_gmail.com> wrote:

On 9/19/06, Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us> wrote:
> Wojciech,
>
> Look in your Oracle 10g Agent Oracle_home/sysman/emd directory for the

> targets.xml file. Look and see if your databases are all declared in
> that file.
>
> **Warning**
>
> I do not know how this file gets created. I updated my file to add
and
> correct database entries and it seems to work fine. I have not found
> any documentation saying how to discover targets nor if this is the
> proper way to do things.
>
> So update this file at your own risk. Bounce the agent afterward to
> make the changes sticky.
>
> Good Luck!

Hello

Thanks Tomas for idea, I have edited targets.xml and set VALUE and PASSWORD (second, eighth lines) on dbsnmp and set ENCRYPTED on FALSE. I have also changed password for DBSNMP user in database on dbsnmp.

  1. <Property TYPE="oracle_database" NAME="sid.xxx.local">
  2. <Property NAME="OracleHome" VALUE="C:\oracle\ora92"/>
  3. <Property NAME="UserName" VALUE="dbsnmp" ENCRYPTED="FALSE/>
  4. <Property NAME="MachineName" VALUE="test1.xxx.local"/>
  5. <Property NAME="Port" VALUE="1521"/>
  6. <Property NAME="SID" VALUE="sid "/>
  7. <Property NAME="ServiceName" VALUE=" sid.xxx.local"/>
  8. <Property NAME="password" VALUE="dbsnmp" ENCRYPTED="FALSE/> </Target>

Next I run 'emctl start agent' and success - OEM GRID saw database. Unfortunately nothing is perfect. When I changed all passwords on other than dbsnmp in both database and targets.xml I can not see database in GRID OEM. I have had error like below:

Thread-2984 WARN collector: < nmecmc.c> Error exit. Error message: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied (DBD ERROR: OCISessionBegin)

Why I can not change password on other than dbsnmp for DBSNMP user? Could you explain me what do second and eighth lines mean? What for do I have to write a password twice?

Regards
Wojtek