Re: Asynchronous Commit Feature of 10.2 - Basic Qs

From: Anjo Kolk <anjo.kolk_at_oraperf.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:44:54 +0200

Does this batch job commit after every account or after a number of accounts? If it is a number of accounts, can you specify the number of accounts (commit frequency). If you, do that.

If you want to play around with commit_write be prepared to take a backup :)

Anjo.

On 9/22/06, VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com> wrote:

> Anjo, Folks
>

> Qs 1 When using COMMIT_WRITE=BATCH,NOWAIT, After a database crash, if the
> respective Application has the capability to check within the database for
>
> volume of transactions lost after complete recovery & re-play the same,
> Can the COMMIT_WRITE=BATCH,NOWAIT feature be used in such a case?
>
> This basically refers to periodic Batch nature of Transactions which run
> with NO intermediate User intervention.
>

> Anjo's reply - If the application can recover it self, yes why not.
>

> Seek the following Clarification by citing a particular example:-
>

> Our Banking Application runs the Interest Calculation batch Job for a SET
> of Accounts. If for any reason the Job gets aborted while underway, on
> re-starting the Application has the capability to check from within the
> Database & run the interest calculation for only those accounts of the set,
> whose calculation was still pending during the previous calculation run.
> Those accounts of the SET whose Interest Calculation was complete during the
> previous run are NOT subjected to re-run.
>

> In such a case can COMMIT_WRITE=BATCH, NOWAIT be deployed in PRODUCTION
> environment for the respective batch job?
>

> Thanks indeed

> message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail
> or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This
> e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to
> minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a
> result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus
> checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right
> to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
> e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored
> on the Infosys e-mail system.

Anjo Kolk
Owner and Founder OraPerf Projects
tel:    +31-577-712000