autoextend

From: <genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:51:38 -0500

Hi everybody:

I am looking into turning autoextend on on a few of my prod tablespaces and I want to make sure that
i understand it all correctly. I am issuing the command

alter database datafile FILENAME autoextend on increment XXXM maxsize XXXM;

This will force Oracle to increase the size of the FILENAME by XXXM (assuming that
this space is available in the filesystem) whenever the tablespace runs out of space.
It will not however affect the way the space is allocated for the object within my
tablespace. Am I correct here?

thank you

Gene Gurevich