Home -> Community -> Mailing Lists -> Oracle-L -> RE: Some Dataguard is good, lots more must be better? (specifically, when do most actual failovers really occur?)

RE: Some Dataguard is good, lots more must be better? (specifically, when do most actual failovers really occur?)

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 23:59:27 +0200

One customer runs Netapp/DG for the database, Snapmirror for everything else.

Another CT, running Oracle including iAS with IS database and another 'data' database runs rsync to keep all data that is not in the database synchronised.

Oracle used to be very 'database centric'. These days more and more stuff gets stored in a diarrhea of (XML)files somewhere in the dungeons of the Oracle software tree. Ever tried to change a server name? Where are the good days of real OFA?

But, ranning off track again. There are many ways to get to Rome. As long as you keep the requirements in mind: getting in Rome, I have no problem at all with any of them.

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===