RE: Block dump - Uncommitted TXN - Help Urgent

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:13:30 -0400

Note that if you see a TX enqueue waiting on mode 4, that's not necessarily ITL slot shortage. If the waiting statement is an INSERT and the object is a heap table, then it's definitely not ITL shortage. (If there's ITL shortage on a table block, INSERT will go to another block on the free list, if it's on the index, INSERT will do a block split.)

The other cause TX enqueue mode 4 waits is concurrent inserts colliding on a unique index, PK, or UK. (i.e. session 1 inserts key value 1, session 2 inserts value 2, session 1 attempts to insert value 2, session 2 attempts to insert value 1)

Hope that helps,

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem,
pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently,
die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."   --Robert A. Heinlein