Re: Linux oracle startup shutdown

From: Andy Rivenes <arivenes_at_llnl.gov>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 08:20:49 -0700

Hi Brian, I haven't seen Jeff's scripts, but Oracle's information definitely leaves room for improvement. The following will provide a complete solution to startup and shutdown (the scripts mentioned are also available): http://appsdba.com/papers/oracle_utilities.pdf

At 11:10 AM 9/19/2006, Zelli, Brian wrote:

>Hello all,
> I have a new RedHat box that has oracle 10g installed on it. I know
>I need to rtfm but have not had any experience with linux. I have unix
>startups and shutdowns but would like something that matches up better
>with RedHat. I found Jeff Hunter's script for starting and stopping
>oracle. Does anyone have another that they are willing to share? Or is
>his sufficent?
>
>Brian

Andy Rivenes
Email: arivenes_at_llnl.gov