Re: Why we should use bind variables when we write code......

From: Thomas Day <tomday2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:53:27 -0400

Last Java project that I worked on, all the database I/O was done via calls to PLSQL. The bind variables were in the PLSQL. The Java folks were happy to have a method and not have to worry about messy databases.

BTW - What is it with Java programmers? Every one of them, including those fresh out of college, was certain that they were a better DBA than I was. After all --- it's a matter of moments to pick up SQL and then you're off and creating tables (especially if you have a GUI). Who knows what a Java programmer would do if you actually gave them any rights on the database?