Re: Unix file permissions

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:44:07 -0400

On 09/18/2006 08:24:15 PM, fairlie rego wrote:
> Mladen,
>
> If I understand you correctly you seem to suggest that max_dump_file_size does not work. I did a small test and it does seem to work
>
> SQL> alter system set max_dump_file_size=4;
> System altered.

Fairlie, I forgot the name of "max_dump_file_size" parameter, so I queried X$KSPPI and came up with _trace_file_size. Thanks for clearing up the smoke covering my memory. I needed it on Saturday, but better ever then never. I would suggest something more clear, like "max_freaking_trace_file_size". What in the world is a "dump file"?

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com