Re: Unix file permissions

From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:24:15 -0700 (PDT)

Mladen,

  If I understand you correctly you seem to suggest that max_dump_file_size does not work. I did a small test and it does seem to work

  SQL> alter system set max_dump_file_size=4;   System altered.

  Then attach to SMON and dump the systemstate   SQL> oradebug setorapid 8
Windows thread id: 2792, image: ORACLE.EXE (SMON) SQL> oradebug dump systemstate 10
Statement processed.

  The trace file is truncated as expected with

  Regards,
  Fairlie

Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_verizon.net> wrote:

On 09/18/2006 07:15:56 AM, David Sharples wrote:
> set _trace_file_public = true should do that (does for the udump files
> anyway)

Speaking of the trace files, in 10.2 the size of the trace file can only be limited by an undocumented parameter named "_trace_file_size". As a result, I have few really monumental trace files in my BACKGROUND_DUMP_DEST. Does anybody here know a reason for removing the completely legal parameter which used to define the maximum size of a trace file?

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com

          Fairlie Rego