Re: question about local indexes

From: jaromir nemec <jaromir_at_db-nemec.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:41:54 +0200

Hi Ryan,

> from user_ind_partitions

use ...

select PARTITION_NAME,SUBPARTITION_NAME from dba_ind_subpartitions
where index_name = upper('index_name');

> So is this index partitioned locally at the top level partition or is it partitioned at the sub-partitioned level ?

A local index is partitioned in the same way as the table; in your case composite partitioned on the subpartition level. There are no physical partitions in a composite partitioned table.

HTH Jaromir

  Table 'X'
  Partitioned: 8 range partitions
  Sub-Partition: 16 hash sub-partitions.

  I created an index on the top level partition key as follows:

  create index myindex on x (partition_column)   local (
  p1,p2,p3,p4,p5,p6,p7,p8);

  When I query user_ind_subpartitions I see:   select index_name,partition_name,subpartition_name   from user_ind_partitions
  where index = 'MYINDEX'

  myindex, p1, name of the tables sub-partitions ?

  So is this index partitioned locally at the top level partition or is it partitioned at the sub-partitioned level ?