question about local indexes

From: <ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:16:47 +0000

Table 'X'
Partitioned: 8 range partitions
Sub-Partition: 16 hash sub-partitions.

I created an index on the top level partition key as follows:

create index myindex on x (partition_column) local (
p1,p2,p3,p4,p5,p6,p7,p8);

When I query user_ind_subpartitions I see: select index_name,partition_name,subpartition_name from user_ind_partitions
where index = 'MYINDEX'

myindex, p1, name of the tables sub-partitions ?

So is this index partitioned locally at the top level partition or is it partitioned at the sub-partitioned level ?