RE: sqlplus "markup html on" format a column

From: Richard J. Goulet <rgoulet_at_kanbay.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:35:45 -0400

BN,

    The answer to your basic question is no, not in SQL. Problem is that you have to do some logical if-then-else processing which you can't do in Sql alone. I tried it many moons ago & failed miserably. Try looking into PHP where you can extract the data & there make the logical choices. That's where I succeeded.

Dick Goulet, Senior Oracle DBA

45 Bartlett St Marlborough, Ma 01752, USA Tel.: 508.573.1978 |Fax: 508.229.2019 | Cell:508.742.5795

RGoulet_at_kanbay.com
: POWERING TRANSFORMATION

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of BN Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 1:44 PM To: _oracle_L_list
Subject: sqlplus "markup html on" format a column

Greetings

Oracle 8.1.7.4, 9iRe2 and 10g running on HP-UX, SUN and AIX

I am pulling the data from produciton database on displying on the web pages for trending data

I display multiple columns, I would like to display a particualr column in a different format, like change color, make it bold, change font etc., to catch the user.

Can somebody tell me if this is doable.

I am using unix Kshell and SQL for this, nothing else. We are using apache

--
Regards & Thanks
BN

klogo.gif