Re: Some Dataguard is good, lots more must be better?

From: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:47:26 +0200

Hi

Recently I was on a site who run a DG for each instance, the server with highest number of instance was 4 though. In total they have around 12 instances so 12 DG. Whenever they have a new instance they create a new Service Guard package which includes a ORACLE_HOME (right now for example they have 12 ORACLE_HOME), a new DG.

For a 1.5TB new Database with static data I suggested to create a new instance, they were cautious because that meant a lot of work!

rgds