Re: Restrict login for a particular user to be only from particul ar m achines

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 10:50:54 -0700

On 9/13/06, Baumgartel, Paul <paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com> wrote:

> However, I'm now stymied in a simple test case: the following SYS trigger
> is firing, but no error appears on login.

This is documented behavior.

You cannot use a trigger to prevent a DBA account from logging on.

Any logon initiated by a user that has been granted the ADMINISTER DATABASE TRIGGER privilege will bypass a logon trigger.

SYS has this privilege and can therefor logon to the database regardless of what happens in the trigger.

--
Jared Still