FW: number of transactions per minute/hour

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 10:07:31 -0400

Here is a TPS calculation query that I have posted on metalink a couple of times. For those who wonder what the comment says the translation is, "create as response to metalink request from version 7 query."

set echo off
--

Being that the OP wanted to count selects I do not see a solution to the original request.
-- Mark D Powell --

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Christian Antognini Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 2:31 AM To: exriscer_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org; ax.mount_at_gmail.com Subject: RE: number of transactions per minute/hour

Hi

> Not sure but I think it is very tedious to get those figures.... I
> always wondered how benchmark tools gives you informations such as
> transaction per minute, I think those tools dont use v$sysstat for
> these purposes

The reason is quite simple. DML statements or queries are *not* transactions! For that reason Anjo asked the OP to give *his* definition of "USER transaction"... For a regular definition have a look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database_transaction.

Regards,
Chris

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Sep 15 2006 - 09:07:31 CDT