RE: Usage of Temporary Table?

From: Yasin Baskan <yasbs_at_kocbank.com.tr>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:43:18 +0300

Temporary tables and indexes on them are appropriate in your situation in case you do not want to query those tables from another session.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of VIVEK_SHARMA Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 1:11 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Usage of Temporary Table?

Folks

On login by a User into our Hybrid Banking Application certain session information e.g. role of user, operational authority of user etc is INSERTED into a few Tables which needs to be preserved only till the life of the respective user login session i.e. till the User logs OUT.

Additionally on a Database re-start we would prefer the respective tables to get automatically Truncated/Flushed but with the Table Structure & corresponding Indexes continuing to exist. We would prefer NOT to manually create the Table Structure & respective indexes on DB restart.

NOTE - Both Dedicated & Shared Servers Database connections are used.

Currently PERMANENT Tables are being used for the same

Qs Can some types of Temporary tables be used instead in Oracle - 10.2?

NOTE - Redo need NOT be logged for these Tables.

Thanks indeed .