Re: Restrict login for a particular user to be only from particular m achines

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:10:30 +0200

Hi Paul,

This works:

sys_at_ORA9I> create table t (x int);

Table created.

sys_at_ORA9I> create or replace procedure do_insert   2 as
  3 pragma autonomous_transaction;
  4 begin
  5 insert into t values (1);
  6 commit;
  7 end;
  8 /

Procedure created.

sys_at_ORA9I>
sys_at_ORA9I> create or replace trigger verify_user   2 after logon on database
  3 begin
  4 if (user='FOO') then

  5     do_insert;
  6     raise_application_error(-20001,'Foo');
  7 end if;
  8 end;
  9 /

Trigger created.

sys_at_ORA9I> @conn foo/bar
ERROR:

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-20001: Foo
ORA-06512: at line 4

Warning: You are no longer connected to ORACLE. idle>

Stefan