Re: modelling physical writes

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_roughsea.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 21:53:36 +0200

Ryan,

     You cannot relate writes to one particular SQL statement since they are performed on a system-wide basis by dbwr and friends. Ditto with redo. I think that the best you can do it to take a snapshot of v$sesstat before and after your statement/package for the most relevant statistics. And even so, I fear that for regular block-writes it would not be very useful. Assume that you have several concurrent sessions concurrently updating the same data block. How will you render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's?

HTH Stéphane Faroult