Re: Off topic - Portal and Adobe acrobat

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 07:05:45 -0400

one thing you could try is in your browser, configure PDF to be opened by acroread.exe instead of acroexch.exe (or something like that). This causes pdf to be opened in an outside window rather than in the browser window.

The hang you see is adobe trying to fetch sufficient (i.e. a set buffer) pages to load and display.

Raj

On 9/11/06, kathy duret <katpopins21_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to force the Adobe acrobat update pop up to come to the
> foreground instead of the background?
>
> When the lovely Adobe acrobat update pops up, your Portal reports hang.
> Users call saying ... my report isn't working and it is difficult to trouble
> shoot whether this is the cause, or the network, etc.
>
> I thought if I could force this to the foreground, I could elminate this as
> a service desk call.
>
> Yes, I looked in Metalink and found nothing and I have a tar open. I
> haven't seen anything on adobe site yet.
>
> thanks mucho much.
>

> Kathy

> Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! Small
> Business.

Got RAC?