RE: Oracle client

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:54:56 -0400

Go to MetaLink, Patches and Updates tab, click "Quick Links to the Latest Patchsets, Mini Packs, and Maintenance Packs", go to "Oracle Database", follow the menu down to your platform, and click 9.2.0.8, which is the latest.

I know it's Database Server, and you're talking client, but the client stuff is packaged with the database. The installer will install the right components to upgrade your client.

Caveat: I'm a Unix/Linux guy, not a Windows guy, so, I'm guessing it works the same way, but I'm not 100% sure.

Hope that helps,

-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." --Robert A. Heinlein