RE: SOS - URGENT********DB LINK

From: Baumgartel, Paul <paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 23:20:12 +0100

That means that the database instance to which the link refers is not running.

Paul Baumgartel
CREDIT SUISSE
Information Technology
DBA & Admin - NY, KIGA 1
11 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10010
USA
Phone 212.538.1143
paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com
www.credit-suisse.com

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of crcbedoy_at_proteccion.com.co Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 3:46 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: SOS - URGENT********DB LINK

Could you please help me??

I am tryieng to create a DB link such as:

CREATE DATABASE LINK PRUEBAS.US.ORACLE.COM CONNECT TO userid IDENTIFIED BY password USING 'PRUEBAS.US.ORACLE.COM'; And then, when I try to do:

insert into SRHCXN1.empleado
select * from userid.empleado_at_PRUEBAS where emp_fecha_ingreso>=to_date('20060901','yyyymmdd') /

I get the following error:

select * from srhcxn2.empleado_at_PRUEBAS where emp_fecha_ingreso>=to_date('20060901','yyyymmdd')

                              *

ERROR at line 2:
ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

I checkl the TNSNAMES.ORA and everything is alright, could anybody please help me??.. I am in a rush:(.. I have the privileges as a DBA, my username is XXX, creating running a script to insert values to the schema SRHCXN1, getting the data from the userid.

HELPPP!!!:(:( Isabel Bedoya Gómez
Centro de Gestión y Control
Tel. 2307500 ext: