SOS - URGENT********DB LINK

From: <crcbedoy_at_proteccion.com.co>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:46:06 -0400

Could you please help me??

I am tryieng to create a DB link such as:

CREATE DATABASE LINK PRUEBAS.US.ORACLE.COM CONNECT TO userid IDENTIFIED BY password USING 'PRUEBAS.US.ORACLE.COM'; And then, when I try to do:

insert into SRHCXN1.empleado
select * from userid.empleado_at_PRUEBAS where emp_fecha_ingreso>=to_date('20060901','yyyymmdd') /

I get the following error:

select * from srhcxn2.empleado_at_PRUEBAS where emp_fecha_ingreso>=to_date('20060901','yyyymmdd')

                               *

ERROR at line 2:
ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

I checkl the TNSNAMES.ORA and everything is alright, could anybody please help me??.. I am in a rush:(.. I have the privileges as a DBA, my username is XXX, creating running a script to insert values to the schema SRHCXN1, getting the data from the userid.

HELPPP!!!:(:( Isabel Bedoya Gómez
Centro de Gestión y Control
Tel. 2307500 ext: