Do anyone implemented Physical Standby using primary db hot backups?

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:57:48 +0300

Hello List,

I earlier, created standby database using cold backup and it is running without any issues.
However, now, I have task to created another standby database for one of the critical database, using previous hot backups.

I am just a little bit confused about this.

Do anyone from the list has implemented this kind?

Any refernece or steps would greatly helpful to me.

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

I blog at :http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/

http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."