??: Saving STATSPACK Reports

From: Serol_Luo \(BJ\) <Serol_Luo_at_smics.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:20:16 +0800

Actually, I create a standalone database (just call it Oracle performance repository) to hold all my production database's statspack data.

  1. Create one schema in the repository database for each production database.
  2. Export from production database's perfstat schema and import it into repository database.
  3. Production database snap statspack data as normal
  4. Create a db link from repository database to production, fetch data from production to repository Insert into stats$,,,1 as select * from stats$.. @Production where snap_id > ... Insert into stats$,,,2 as select * from stats$.. @Production where snap_id > ... ... Insert into stats$,,,3 as select * from stats$.. @ production where snap_id > ...
  5. purge data in production database, keep data in production for only 1 week or just one day.
  6. You can do any thing in the repository database. Run summary script, run spreport.sql, or generate trend data for analyze, any other things... just as you want.
  7. In my enviroment, I build my statspack report website, viewing most thing via web, with very friendly interface......

Regards.
Serol Luo, From Peking,China
Or call me RollingPig
http://rollingpig.itpub.net

-----????-----

???: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]?? BN
????: 2006?9?8? 23:57
???: _oracle_L_list
??: Saving STATSPACK Reports

Greetings,

Have oracle 8.1.7.4, 9iRel2, and 10g Database running on HP-UX, AIX, and SUN servers

We run Statspack every hour on all the prod servers and reatin only this weeks data, the rest of the data is purged.

I am looking for a way to save the previous reports, like run spreport every hour from cron job and pull reports every hour automatically.

I was also thinking of exporting the perfstat schema from all the 50 DB prod servers and saving them in some other database Not sure If run into resource issues to this.

Appreciate your suggestions in advance.

If some body has a script to do this I apppreciate if you can share with me.

--
Regards & Thanks
BN