RE: 2GB or not 2GB (datafile limit)? That is the question.

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:46:10 -0400

Rich, I think the answer depends on your OS. If the OS is configured to handle datafiles of 32G or larger then leave the setting alone. If your OS have a 4G file limit then change the settings and monitor the tablespace file space usage more closely than you would need to with a 32G file.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --