Re: BLOB Insert problem

From: Vlad Sadilovskiy <vlovsky_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 19:52:33 -0400

Nirmalya,

Did you look this up on Metalink?

 Could you try and store bigger lobs into the same column of the smae table using plain pl/sql?

By looking at your table the statement you've maid sounds fishy. How did you determine that the lob wasn't stored? Anyone would wanted to verify the accuracy of the test. Version of server and the OCI libraries also important.

I think 3964 is the exact number of bytes that can be stored in-line if "in row" storage is enabled. So, with that assumption, what you are saing is this particular inctance can store "in-line" size blobs although the "in row" is disabled, which ultimetely puts them out of line into a blob segment, and still cannot save beigger blobs out of line. That is really strange.

Check the lob properties and try your test with redefined lob clause to permit "in row" storage.