RE: [SPAM] Re:logging as oracle using sudo

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 08:33:24 -0400

Actually, sudo is a tool that allows a user to 'su' to any other account on the system, not just 'root', by only entering their own password.

Sudo is quite flexible in configuration and allows you to switch to any user, assuming you've been authorized to do so via the /etc/sudoers file.

(See the '-u' flag to switch to a user other than root.)

Sorry, I'm not aware of any limitations of using sudo to switch to 'oracle' and then administering a database.

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem,
pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently,
die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."   --Robert A. Heinlein