RE: URGENT!!! - Inadvertantly ran catalog.sql in an existing database

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:45:22 -0400

What happens if you do:
alter package standard compile;
??

Then try utlrp.sql not utlirp.sql (no need to invalidate everything and then recompile it all. Just recompile what's not valid.)

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem,
pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently,
die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."   --Robert A. Heinlein

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Paula Stankus Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 4:37 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: URGENT!!! - Inadvertantly ran catalog.sql in an existing database Then I tried to just run standard. It said it created the package. Then I tried to run utlirp.sql It hangs and comes back with messages standard not accessible. Now my whole machine is hanging. Is there anyway to cleanup the catalog without recoverying the entire database? I read that it might be necessary to just have online a large rbs, create standard, run catalog.sql, run catproc.sql and utlirp.sql Any advice is greatly appreciated. The good thing is this is test but it means contract $$ if we have to loose a day. sigh....
Get your email and more, right on the new Yahoo.com <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42973/*http://www.yahoo.com/preview> -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l