Disk Async IO

From: BN <bnsarma_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 14:54:08 -0400

Greetings,

I remember reading Oracle Metalink Notes saying that Disk Async IO is not supported on HP-UX for Cooked Filesystems.

We have disk_async_io=true for our Database in HP-UX 11.11 , Oracle 8.1.7.4and 10g Servers.

I would like to ensure that my understanding and setting is right.

Right now we are using 4 dbwr's. I appreciate your suggestions.

Our UNIX SA says " Cooked Filesystems have their own Asynchronous Mechanisim that equally replaces Oracle Async IO"

What Am I missing here

Appreciate your suggestions.

--

Regards & Thanks