Re: TKPROF

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 18:41:51 +0100

neither did I till I read it in , I think, Cary's book.

It is of course in TFM

SORTS
 Sorts traced SQL statements in descending order of specified sort option before listing them into the output file. If more than one option is specified, then the output is sorted in descending order by the sum of the values specified in the sort options. If you omit this parameter, then TKPROF lists statements into the output file in order of first use. Sort options are listed as follows

On 9/6/06, Baumgartel, Paul <paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com> wrote:

> I thought I knew tkprof well, but I never knew that the sort effectively
> means sort by the sum of these 3 not by each in turn. Thanks, Niall.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info