Re: ** mv versus advanced replication

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 07:56:18 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Mark and Jared.

  I should have specified that we are not on 10G so logical standby is not really an option. So I am looking at MV or advanced replication. Thanks

    Hi,
     I have a 250 GB database and need to replicate it with almost all the tables. I am thinking of doing MV replication. Other option is advanced replication. What are pros and cons of using MV as opposed to advanced replication. I think some of the maintenance to be done is less in case of MVs and it is simpler to understand and setup. Any advantages for advanced replication? What about data integrity on target. I think advanced replication checks before applying changes so any loss of transaction is detected. Is there any check in case of MV? Any tools to check the data on target? I think the performance impact degradation on source for both is almost same.   Thanks for your help.

Mark Strickland <strickland.mark_at_gmail.com> wrote:   Then exponential it is. Most definitely not scalable. Bottom line: the amount of time required to complete each row-level DML statement gets longer as time goes on. My previous, quite-lengthy thread goes into the gory details. Won't add to that thread until I get final resolution from Oracle Support.

Mark

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Sep 06 2006 - 09:56:18 CDT