Re: AMD vs Xeon 64 bit

From: Vasu Balla <appsdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 20:11:42 +0530

Our production env constitues 9206 / 4 node RAC on SUSE9/Sun v40z AMD Opteron servers with 16GB SGA each. Earlier we used to be on Redhat 3 on Dell PowerEdge 6650/intel Xeon 32bit where SGA could go upto 4GB with hugemem kernel. End Users saw a definate improvement in response time in the ERP thats running on top this DB.

vasu