RE: Check packages for functions and parameters

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 21:21:24 -0700

We do use cruise control.net in our sql server environment. Builds are triggered when source code is committed to subversion. It works well. Thanks for the suggestion though...

David

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of David Mitchell Sent: Wednesday, 6 September 2006 10:12 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Check packages for functions and parameters

We have a third party application that we've layered our own asp.net app on top of and the vendor periodically changes some functions around when new releases come out. In particular a function was recently moved from one package to another. They also sometimes change the parameters for a given function that we rely on. Our developer is looking for a way to do some rudimentary unit testing to ensure we know when something has changed. The unit tests are being written in C#. So far we've been thinking of looking at all_source to check to see if a function is still in a particular package but we've yet to come up with a good way to check to see if the parameters have changed. Anyone got any suggestions while I continue my search?

David

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Sep 05 2006 - 23:21:24 CDT