Re: AMD vs Xeon 64 bit

From: Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 14:50:29 +0100

Hello there,

I think it is great that nowadays that effective HW exists. I tend to recommend x86 platform to my customers as well.

But I can't understood why customers still buying HW based on RISC CPU-s. There have to be something good about RISCs beside politics and good mng relationship with vendors' representatives. Can anybody advice ? (Anjo?)

Please don't tell me that is is about skills that particular customer have on board.
There is no that significant difference between Linux and Unix. The savings are dramatic. 1M-30k ~ = 1M
Even if a customer would invest 10% of savings in people (education) i believe the difference will be covered.

Can you advice any field where RISCs will bit x86 ?

Thank you in advance,
Yury

--
Yury