Query and index modeling in 10g

From: VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 12:16:23 +0530

Hi

We are trying to do a Query and index modeling exercise by attempting to MAP/CLASSIFY a majority of our Product's SQL Queries to some corresponding baseline / Standard set of SQL Queries for SMALL, MEDIUM, BIG & Very BIG Tables using different Types of Indexes, as mentioned below:-

Our Product is a Hybrid Banking Application.

Currently mapping has been done TO baseline / Standard Queries which use a Single Table only:-

Types of Indexes Used:-

Qs 1 Is our approach, of Mapping/Classifying, itself appropriate or NOT?

Qs. 2 How do we extend the approach to define "the standard SQLs set" involving a JOIN between multiple Tables (i.e. 2, 3 Tables)

Qs. 3 How do we extend this to Sub-queries, In-line queries etc.?

Qs. 4 Any Docs, Links, Books on similar work done before?

Thanks indeed