Re: Two 10g listeners at the same time

From: jaromir nemec <jaromir_at_db-nemec.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 17:53:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Niall,

> this string SUBSCRIBE_FOR_NODE_DOWN_EVENT returns no hits on metalink.

You ought to search for SUBSCRIBE_FOR_NODE_DOWN_EVENT_ as the underscores are probably not skipped. Doesn't is sound logical? :)

In my opinion the Oracle Text (I'm assuming behind the scene) is not intrinsically bad. The precondition to use it is to know the index profile (print and skip characters etc) and the policy of handling of commands and special characters (like %). Both of them are in my knowledge undocumented, effectively limiting the usefulness of the search.

Jaromir