RE: SGA/PGA question

From: kathy duret <katpopins21_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 06:43:33 -0700 (PDT)

Check your semaphors and your solaris setting but it does sound like you need at least 3G of memory. I have 3G for this many connections on Windows.

Also MTS creates performance issues. Try to go with connection pooling on the app end. IF .Net check for garbage collections ...Check to make sure the app is closing connections, no leaks

In the meantime, see if you can lower large pool, java pool, open_cursors, session cached cursors for a quick fix in the mean time.

Been there done that with windows... Having bad flash backs now.

Kathy

"Reidy, Ron" <Ron.Reidy_at_arraybiopharma.com> wrote: You appear to be memory starved. Go with the IBM solution - Install Bigger Memory.

--

Ron Reidy
Lead DBA