Re: AWR

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 19:06:29 -0700 (PDT)

John

  How do the AWR old partitions are dropped. Is it been done thru Purge_Job automatically created. I thought that Purge_Job is to delete old stats. ANy idea.

  TIA
  Sanjay

John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com> wrote:   Sanjay - These buffers (both ASH and AWR) are allocated from the shared_pool so this is from "Variable Size" in V$SGA.

Determining how much *AWR* requires in the SGA takes a little guesswork. The space names are a little vague and the picture is complicated since AWR seems to have been known earlier as SWRF (Statistics Workload Repository Facilities - See Metalink Note 240052.1 - first few lines). Look for anything with both AWR and SWRF in the V$SGASTAT.NAME column.

Thanks for your kind words.
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Disappointment is always inevitable; Discouragement is invariably optional