Re: AWR

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 13:20:47 -0700 (PDT)

Anjo

  I was in hotsos and attended Graham Wood Presentation, where he mentioned that ASH is bascially 2M Per CPU, < 5% of Shared Pool , 2% of SGA_TARGET and it is fixed for the life of Instance. Now what I am trying to understand is that AWR consist of   In memeory Stat ( Comes from SGA) and WorkLoad Repository ( comes from SYSAUX)

  In Memory Stats itself comprises of ASH and AWR Stats. ASH comes from SGA and it is allocated as per previous values, then how the space is allocated to AWR Stats. Is there an algorithm for it like ASH

  TIA
  Sanjay

Anjo Kolk <anjo.kolk_at_oraperf.com> wrote:

Sanjay,

  Strictly speaking AWR is STATSPACK++, so in a way it is only the schema on disk with some PL/SQL packages + some background process doing the loading. The data being stored comes from different places, one of them is the ASH memory. ASH is sized based on a formula that I have seen, but since then forgotten as it is a circular buffer. The memory for this buffer is allocated from the Variable Part of the SGA not the Fixed Part.

  Anjo.

  On 9/1/06, Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com> wrote: AWR consists of In-Memory Stats and Workload Repository. Can somebody tell me as how much area in SGA is allocated to In-memory stats or is there any %age of total SGA or like. Is it been allocated from Fixed SGA.

  TIA     Sanjay

Anjo Kolk
Owner and Founder OraPerf Projects
tel: +31-577-712000