Re: 9i Parsing Optimization

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:32:19 -0400

On 08/31/2006 08:02:54 AM, amonte wrote:
> Hmm
>
> I need to have a look at that, the Merant ODBC Driver being used can be used
> for both Oracle 8i and 9i. I am not sure if it would be clever enough to
> detect oci version and run OCIStmtPrepare for 8i and OCIStmtPrepare2 for 9i?

It's not that hard to be "smart". There is POSIX interface to the dynamic libraries. You open a library with dlopen and check for symbols with dlsym. That works on so called "nice shared libraries", the ones with extensions like ".so" or ".sl". There are also the ugly shared libraries, with extensions like ".dll" that I know nothing about. Those used in the land of Redmond where the shadows lie.

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com